Saturday, December 27, 2008

One year closes and a new one begins

Can you believe how fast 2008 has gone? I know each and every year has the same amount of days...365. But for some reason they seem to go by faster and faster the older we get.

There have a lot of milestones this year. Some good and some well, seemed to be sad at the time.

In 2008:
Our oldest son Scott and his wife divorced. I don't ever want to see a marriage end in divorce. Hollywood portrays marriage as glamorous. Heck we all know it's far from glamorous. It's down right work. But work that is well worth it if both parties want it. One did and the other didn't. The grass appeared to be greener on the other side of the fence till she jumped over. Only then she realized it was on top of a septic tank.

Our youngest son, Eric was married on April 19th to his lovely bride, Lynsey. She has been good for him. He needs a strong confident woman to be his helpmate.

We finally had our first grandchild.
McKinley Addison was born May 14th. She is the daughter of our middle son Joe who is a wonderful Dad. She is getting some hair which has a slight red cast to her hair, which would make my Dad proud. She is always laughing and jabbering. She is beginning to grab hold and pull up. It won't be long till she's up and walking. Look out Mom and Dad.


We had our second grandchild.
Dylan Thomas was born July 23rd. He is the child of our youngest son, Eric. He had issues with his stomach thanks to Dad, Papaw and Great-Grandpa Clarence. But has been taken care of with special formula. He is beginning to roll over. He has such an infectious laugh.

I finished the Evansville 1/2 Marathon in 3:50:30. I bettered my time by 6 minutes 29seconds. I see nothing but improvements in 2009.

My Mom, sister Stephanie, her children Nikki and Taylor moved to Hermitage,TN. At first I didn't think it was a good idea but in the end it's proved to be the best for all of them. Mom's health has improved. Steph is working and has been accepted to a major art institute in Nashville. She is the talented one with her creative ability.

It looks like I will reach my goal of being below 200lbs by Dec 31st. I have 1.2 more to go. It has been a long hard struggle.

2009 promises to be just as exciting:

Scott is to be married in January to a lovely girl, Danica. She is the sweetest thing. Plus she loves my son and they have so much in common. Old cars, camping, fishing. Her parents, Dean and Sherry adore Scott. Just what a mother wants for her children. In-laws that treat her son as their own.

We will be grand-parents again in July!!! Yeah. I was right. I told Charles when we start getting grand-children it will be one right after the other. Scott and Danica are having a baby. Scott is so excited as he didn't think he would ever be a papa.

There is another piece of extremely wonderful news but you'll have to stay tuned. I'll let you know when it's official.

I have a couple of 1/2 marathons I'm considering. In April, TheCountry Music 1/2 in Nashville. In May, The Flying Pig in Cincinnati,OH. And of course The Evansville 1/2 marathon in October. There will be a bunch of short races, 2mile, 5K and 10K's thrown in there as well.

The goals for 2009:

I'm going to work with a personal trainer to begin a strength training program. We have a membership at the Y so it's about time I begin to use all of it. Not just the pool.

As much as I hate it, I'll begin walking on a treadmill 3 days a week. The thought of walking and seeing the same scenery doesn't thrill me but then neither does sitting on the side lines.

Blog at least on a weekly basis. I know I don't have much of a fan base but then this blog is for me about me.

Here's wishing everyone who reads this a Happy, Merry, Healthy New Year.

No comments: