Monday, July 21, 2008

Nothing snazzy

Just another Monday. I had dinner at Applebee's with my one of my best friends Peggy. We get together usually three times a year. Her birthday, my birthday and Christmas. Saturday, I'll be 49. It's hard to believe I'm that old but I am. We had a wonderful visit. She gave me a really cool Debbie Mum patriotic plates and platter set. I'll post a picture later. There were some friends of hers from a reunion she went to this past weekend that came in while we were there. She introduced me and as we were talking, come to find out it was the sister of one the guys, Mark D. that Charles went to grade school with. I called him on the cell and told him someone wanted to talk to him. They chatted for a bit and then He drove to Applebees and ate supper with us and visited some more. I think he secretly had a crush on his friend Mark's sister.

The food intake is going rather well. I like using http://www.sparkpeople.com/ to track my food and exercise minutes. Seeing it in black and white really puts it all in focus. Plus I get to earn Spark points. I'm having great success with the water intake as long as it's with ice, in a glass and has a straw. Something about those three things is the key for me.


Tomorrow is the 2nd week of the Evansville half marathon. We train Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday's as long as there is not a heat advisory (which there was today). Training is canceled during a heat advisory. You're on your own for training that day. Most people either train later when the advisory is lifted or not at all. Unfortunately, I'm one of the not at alls. There is over 400+ runners, run/walkers and walkers training this year. Each year it keeps getting biger and bigger and bigger.

Two more days till weigh in.....I wondered if the scale has moved? I peeked.....but you'll have to wait till Wednesday morning. Wednesday night is Luau at OakHill Baptist Church. It's also the pre-registration for VBS. My two nieces, Nikki and Mila are going. Not sure yet about my niece Anna and my nephew, Devon. I'd better be finding out.

Getting my haircut and colored tomorrow. Gotta get rid of this gray. It's either all gray or no gray. Right now....NO GRAY!!!! None. well right now there is because I did to get it colored but tomorrow evening I'll be NO GRAY!

I need to get into my Bible Study for this week. It's the last week in a Beth Moore study in 2nd Samuel. I'm trying to do each day 1 day at a time instead of all 5 days in 1 day.

Until next time,
Embrace Grace

No comments: